Title More flexible VET systems based on the assessment of prior learning
Project Number 2012-1-PL1-LEO05-27424
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text According OECD (2010), APL generates four different types of benefits: (i) economic benefits by reducing the direct and opportunity costs of formal learning and allowing human capital to be used more productively; (ii) educational benefits that can underpin lifelong learning and career development; (iii) social benefits by improving equity and strengthening access to both further education and the labour market, for disadvantaged groups, disaffected youth and older workers; (iv) psychological benefits by making individuals aware of their capabilities and validating their worth. Moreover, flexible VET systems, based on a learning outcomes approach, will support flexible learning pathways and allow permeability between the different VET subsystems and which cater for the APL, including competences acquired in the work place (Bruges Communiqué, 2010).
• 1 innovative APL/RVCC methodology and tools, on validation of non-formal and informal learning competences, will be transferred by ISQ;
• 1 target group fits, VET teachers/trainers/guidance professionals through the common transfer workshop and national pilot sessions;
• 1 European ECVET curricula for APL professional and a common guideline for it integration in existing national VET programmes was developed;
• Several dissemination and exploitation activities were presented daily at the +APL project.
Description +APL project facilitates the development of innovative practises in the field of VET by: (i) transferring and adapting Portuguese RVCC materials; (ii) developing a common guideline on RVCC methodology and tools as an APL innovative model; (ii) piloting RVCC contents; (iv) design ECVET curricula for APL professional; (v) developing dissemination and valorisation outcomes.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Public Administration and Defence; Compulsory Social Security
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
program or curricula
description of new occupation profiles
transparency and certification
• We directly involved 5 VET teachers/trainers/guidance professionals;
• We directly involved 50 VET teachers/trainers/guidance professionals;
• At least 250 VET teachers/trainers/guidance professionals, VET players, VET policy-makers and other stakeholders benefited indirectly;
• Each country integrated RVCC into their own VET systems, meaning that more than 2500 VET providers and other stakeholders can, in the next 2 years, freely use RVCC materials.