Title Development of a virtual classroom for the acquisition and recognition of intercultural competences in job placements programmes
Project Number 2012-1-ES1-LEO05-47849
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The increasing cultural diversity of our societies is reflected in the labor market, where the coexistence of organizations and people from different origins become more and more frequent at a global level. In order to successfully cooperate with people from other countries and cultures, it is not enough to possess the basic technical and linguistic knowledge. It is also now required that one comprehend different ways of working, thinking and communicating. In this context, intercultural competences have become transversal key competences for the management of Human Resources in 21st Century organizations.
Summary The CULTOOL project aimed to contribute to transfer structures and tools to support mobility in Vocational Training and University Education, particularly with regard to participation of SME and placements in organizations.
CULTOOL was based on an innovative Virtual Classroom for the development and acquisition of intercultural competences by vocational TRaining or University students and graduates who are participating in job placement programmes. These often take place in multicultural environments, thus improving student´s capacity for social and cultural integration together with efficiency in their ongoing professional skills, fostering their employability.
CULTOOL was presented as a comprehensive on-line training, monitoring, mentoring and assessment system for the acquisition of intercultural competences maximizing work-integrated learning experiences.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Activities of Extraterritorial Organisations and Bodies
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
program or curricula
open and distance learning
CULTOOL project results are:
- An intercultural competences model for job placement programme beneficiaries.
- The CULTOOL Virtual Clasroom, for the acquisition and recognition of intercultural competences, available in english, spanish, bulgarian, czech, german, dutch and portuguese.
- Pilot tests with beneficiaries of job placement programmes in participating countries.
- Intercultural Committees in each country for the Valorisation and Exploitation of project results.
- A dissemination and assessment plan for the project.