Title My Passport für die Gemeinschaft- Schlüsselkompetenzen für Minor Offender Reintegration MyCOMPASS
Project Number 2012-1-RO01-LEO05-21120
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text MyCOMPASS Projekt entwickelt, Pilot und Umsetzung eines Rahmens der Methodik, Werkzeuge, Lernprogramme und Empfehlung für die individuelle Befähigung zum Lernen und zur Förderung der Beschäftigung insbesondere für junge Menschen in Untersuchungshaft. Die Methodik wird beinhalten jugendliche Straftäter als Begünstigte in seiner Entwicklung und Lieferung als eine Möglichkeit der Verbesserung der Fähigkeiten und Kompetenzen. Wir zielen darauf ab, praktische Kenntnisse und Werkzeuge, um jugendliche Straftäter in den Partnerländern und der EU unterstützt, so dass ihre Chancen auf eine nachhaltige Beschäftigung und Entwicklung akkreditierten Fertigkeiten verbesserte und sie sind besser in der Lage zu überwinden soziale Ausgrenzung MyCOMPASS Projekt wird Erwerbsquoten in der beruflichen erhöhen Ausbildung in Haft / Korrektur-System und bieten leichteren Übergang von innen - die - system Ausbildung in formalen Bildungswege und anerkannte Qualifikationen auf dem Arbeitsmarkt.
Most European countries lack successful resource materials and a proven method to facilitate the transition phase from vocational training in detention to vocational training in public school system, and none have the approach of using key competencies as tools for reintegration. VET offers inside the detention / correction system are based on transmitting information, with no focus on transition to other learning pathways once the juvenile is reintegrating in the community. The results are: school drop-out, lack of job skills, difficult reintegration and relapse of minor offenders.
MyCOMPASS project will develop, pilot and implement a framework of methodology, tools, learning programs and recommendation, for providing individual empowerment to learning and employment support specifically for young people in detention. The methodology will involve juvenile offenders as beneficiaries in its development and delivery as a way of enhancing skills and competencies. We aim at providing practical knowledge and tools to support juvenile offenders across the partner countries and the EU so that their chances of gaining sustainable employment and developing accredited skills are enhanced and they are better able to overcome social exclusion
The consortium consists from 5 member countries covering Northern (Lithuania), Southern (Malta), Western (Portugal), Central (Hungary) and Eastern (Romania) Europe. This is especially important in order to bridge the gap between the different approaches in juvenile education and integration of disadvantaged youngsters in vocational education. A number of these partners have already co-operated in previous projects on prison education but others are new to this experience. By this mix we want to stay true to the “Transfer of Innovation” objective of offering a learning experience to all partners, including ones involved in the initial innovation development (in our case both Romanian partners).
MyCOMPASS project will increase participation rates in vocational training in detention/correction system and offer easier transition from inside – the – system education into formal learning pathways and recognized qualifications on labor market. An overall improvement in the quality of juvenile offenders’ vocational education provision in Europe can be expected.
The envisaged impact will be on three levels:
• Short Term (learning level): raised awareness on VET for juvenile offenders , knowledge of key competencies, skills in working with key competency based programs, motivations in lifelong learning;
• Medium Term (action level):positive behavior towards learning inside and outside the detention / correction system, practice key competency based teaching, decisions in developing VET offers that bridge the gap between detention / correction system and community , policies in attractiveness of VET;
• Long Term (consequences level): social reintegration of juvenile offenders, economic & employment competitiveness.
The MyCompass project aim: to support juvenile offenders in training in the acquisition and usage of key competencies to facilitate personal development, employability and participation to further education, by developing a multi-level framework of experts, materials, learning contexts.
The MyCompass project objectives:
- increasing the level of employability of 100 juvenile offenders by introduction of at least 3 key competencies in their training program through MyCOMPASS method.
- facilitating the transition phase from vocational training in detention to vocational training in public school system, using the key competencies as a connection point between 100 juvenile inmates and 50 of their peers from 5 communities through MyCOMPASS Peer-learning program .
- increasing the level of attractiveness of vocational education programs in detention by putting together 50 educators from inside and outside the system to implement key competency based learning programs through MyCOMPASS Train the Trainer-learning program .
- promoting social inclusion of juvenile offenders by:
a) involvement of local communities in all the project activities through a consulting group of 50 community members working with MyCOMPASS team at the development of strategy, testing of learning programs, implementation of MyCOMPASS Framework.
b) 5 community workshops for presenting MyCOMPASS in terms of reintegration by key competencies.
The above stated situation of the juvenile offenders will improve:
- at European level by putting their difficulties and issues on the public agenda;
- at national level by implementing a coherent training program that takes them from education inside the system to education in the outside community, with prepared experts and dedicated materials & method, having key competencies as common language;
- at community level by working together with their peers and coming into contact with persons from outside and thus preparing social and economic reintegration.
MyCOMPASS is designed to contribute to the promotion of the acquisition of key competences in VET. Key competencies are the linking pin of all project activities. And we push forward the usage of key competencies, not only as tools of personal development and employability or means to increase VET attractiveness, but also as engines of social and economic reintegration of juvenile offenders. And this is truly an innovative approach.
Zugang für Benachteiligte
Nutzung und Verbreitung von Ergebnissen
Erziehung und Unterricht
Öffentliche Verwaltung, Verteidigung; Sozialversicherung
Gesundheits- und Sozialwesen
Unterlagen für offenen Unterricht
- MyCOMPASS Webpage will act as management tool, dissemination site, exploitation tool. With private (INTRANET) and public part.
- My COMPASS Visual Identity Handbook containing logo, head paper, banner style and other relevant visual markings.
- White Paper on “Key Competencies as Reintegration Tools”
- Peer Learning Package for the enhancement of key competencies: stories, games, exercises.
- Train the Trainer Learning Program for enhancement of key competencies in VET pupils
- MyCOMPASS educators' manual.
- Testing workshop for the learning programs, involving 16 testers in each country
- Community Seminars for testing & promotion of MyCOMPASS method
- Project leaflet, Posters & MyCOMPASS Roller-up banner
- One Day Open Space Final Conference, with at least 100 attendance, held in Lithuania
- Conference toolkit (folders, pens, leaflets, etc)