Title Implementation of ECVET for qualification design in sanitation and water loss management
Project Number EC-AQUA BG1-LEO05-05029
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The EC-AQUA project offers new strategy and content for training of teachers/trainers and professionals in Water Supply and Management sector and impacts the VET practices in national/international scale via: introduction of innovative approach in structuring the blended learning programme, implementation of multimedia based tools for education, use of formal/non-formal training approach to improve the quality of qualifications and competences of VET professionals in EC-AQUA sector. The structural organisation of the programme is designed to fit the requirements of VET system and EQF, comprising the obligatory elements of Learning Outcomes: knowledge, skills and wider competence. This set of elements is organised in a way that can be assessed and validated. Thus the EC-AQUA project introduces VET best practice through application of ECVET instrument for promotion the transparency and recognition of learning outcomes in competence development and qualification acquisition.
The project “Implementation of ECVET for qualification design in sanitation and water loss management (EC-AQUA)” is executed within the Lifelong Learning Programme Leonardo da Vinci, measure Transfer of Innovation.
EC-AQUA approach is developed by a consortium of partners from four countries: NIS-SU (Bulgaria), Intellect Foundation (Bulgaria), South East Europe Media Organization/SEEMO (Austria), Prof. Balan Interuniversity Research Center (Bulgaria), Institut National des Sciences Appliquées/INSA (France), and ERBIL Project Consulting Engineering (Turkey).They have wide experience in the EU programming development and capacity, expertise and competence for the success of the EC-AQUA measures.
EC-AQUA addresses the apparent problem of insufficient transparency of qualifications at both national and international level. In the context of ever increased complexity of modern education, EC-AQUA aims to promote the EU Workspace concept through an approach supporting transparency of certificates and qualifications for transferability of competence.
EC-AQUA activities are focused on the application of the ECVET specifications in Sanitation and Water Loss Management sector to develop a working scheme for transparency, transfer and recognition of learning outcomes as building blocks of competence development. This is achieved on the basis of PROWAT TR/06/B/F/PP/178065 project, upgraded, innovated in content and widespread in new sectoral and geographic areas.
The EC-AQUA project develops an ECVET based educational strategy and training content in Sanitation & Water Loss Management sector, through:
1. Introduction of innovative approach in structuring the learning programme, based on EQF/NQF principles;
2. Transfer of innovative training content using IT base tool to increase the proficiency of specialists in the target and related sectors; and
3. Use of formal/non-formal training approach to improve the quality of qualifications and competences of VET professionals.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Utilization and distribution of results
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Other Service Activities
description of new occupation profiles
transparency and certification
program or curricula
material for open learning
open and distance learning
EC-AQUA project has attained the elaboration of the following project results:
1. Administrative/managerial guidance materials which represent a core stone for successful project development and are used for planning, coordinating and monitoring the project activities.
2. EC-AQUA e-learning portal representing an accessible and inclusive Blended Learning Environment (BLE) comprising training model for qualification development in EC-AQUA sector based on Learning Outcomes (LOs), EQF/NQF and ECVET technical tools. The BLE is designed to match the individual learning approach for specialized education, constructed by 13 LOs (Units of LOs) evaluated with ECVET tool and described at 5, 6, 7 EQF/NQF qualification levels.
3. EC-AQUA competence map comprising:
- the core scheme for description of vocational qualification of VET professionals in Sanitation & Water Loss Management. It determines the personal capacity of a chosen target beneficiaries and are based on competence description of 22 typical for the sector professional qualification.
- development of new accessible tutorials for the target groups for using of competence map from trainees and trainers. These guidelines contain description for attainment of specific training opportunities and creation of define Learning pathway (LP) and Competence description.
- creation of specific for the target beneficiaries training packages: “The training pack for trainees” and “The training pack for trainers”. This project benefit is created ‘by the way’ and aligned to the project purpose with practical needs of the targets is achieved.
4. EC-AQUA Qualification Ranking Record enabling learners for self-advocacy and easy communication with possible employers.
5. EC-AQUA testing and evaluation encompassing the project testing phase with all its activities designated for investigating and exterminating progress and to provide stakeholders with information about actual levels of performance and quality of the products.
6. EC-AQUA quality management comprising guidelines/documents for anticipation of project components integrity, flexibility and efficiency.
7. EC-AQUA exploitation and dissemination activities designed to ensure that the project results will be used sustainable and can contribute for the future development and implementation of good practices in the field of Water Supply and Sanitation.