Title Implementation of ECVET for qualification design in sanitation and water loss management
Project Number EC-AQUA BG1-LEO05-05029
Product EC-AQUA competence map
Title EC-AQUA competence map
Product Type open and distance learning
Marketing Text EC-AQUA competence map represent a core project element offering multilanguage model for international transfer of acquired qualification in the field of Sanitation and Water Loss Management. It is grounded of the recent EU tools for EQF/ECVET implementation in VET process and promotes competence-based training approaches. The EC-AQUA competence map model is designed as a tool contributing to achievement of transparency and mutual recognition of qualifications in defined economic area (sanitation and water loss management, including 'green' abilities) and increase the volume of mobility of work-power throughout Europe.
The EC-AQUA Competence Map creates and promoted vocational qualifications of VET professionals in Water supply sector. It is organized in accordance to the training needs identified through competence development in respect to the levels 5, 6, 7 of EQF/NQF. The Competence Map scheme consists of 3 parts: knowledge, skills and wider competence, forming Learning Outcomes (Los) and Units of Los. The knowledge part was build up through writing a new one and rearranging the content of PROWAT project under transfer. All issues were available in 5 languages and arranged in interactively accessible learning modules, previously mentioned in R2. Innovation of the content was done through preparation of new training module “Water Sanitation and Quality Management” and translated in all partners’ languages. Following the LO algorithm, the Competence Map includes also description of part “skills” and “wider competence”. In this way a clear scheme in accordance to the mentioned above EQF/NQF principles is elaborated. It gives trainee access to the needed competence level. In this way, following the proposed map a necessary set of knowledge, bringing together related skills and wider competence is proposed to the target groups.
The process of exploitation of the Competence Map is ended through gaining access to the Certification Units – a basic component of a given qualification. Then a certificate for adopted new competence, measured in ECVET credits is issued. The latter is giving an opportunity for receiving a new EQF/NQF level of qualification.
Target group Teachers, Trainers, Learning facilitators, Guidance professionals; School/Institutions Managers, Political decision makers
The “EC-AQUA competence map” encompasses the following main steps:
1. Translation of PROWAT e-book “Basic Water Loss (BWL)” in all partners' languages;
2. Upgrading of e-book with new knowledge content in the field of water sanitation with main topics focused on water quality management, contamination risk assessment and public health effects;
3. Design of a scheme for description of vocational qualifications for VET professionals in sanitation and water loss sector comprising:
- an algorithm for presentation of Certification Units of Learning Outcomes (LOs) as basic components of a qualification, representing sets of knowledge, skills and wider competence;
- creation of 22 Learning Pathways (LPs) and 4 Short Intensive Courses (SICs) corresponding to particular vocational qualification with ‘knowledge’ element designed to match EQF levels 5, 6 and 7 (overachivement of 12 LPs was made);
- application of ECVET based concept for evaluation and assessment of project training materials and learning methodology;
- elaboration of Tutorials for trainers and trainees (web portal menu: Our achievements/EC-AQUA training package/How to learn - http://ec-aqua.org/en/l-achievements/traininf-pack/how-to-learn) facilitating the learning process;
- provision of prospects for certification process.
Area of application The EC-AQUA Competence Map can be used as operative tool guiding the target users in the process of building levels of qualification in the Sanitation and Water Supply Sector as well as realization of mobility in trans-European scale.