Title Implementation of ECVET for qualification design in sanitation and water loss management
Project Number EC-AQUA BG1-LEO05-05029
Product EC-AQUA b-learning portal
Title EC-AQUA b-learning portal
Product Type website
Marketing Text The EC-AQUA e-portal provides comprehensive information about EC-AQUA project as well as effective blended learning environment for development of skills and competences of VET teachers/trainers through improving the effective acquisition, sharing, and use of information materials dedicated on sanitation and water loss issues. It provides new type of b-learning, based on ECVET crediting plan and arranged in LPs corresponding to different EQF levels (5, 6, 7). It is planned also as learning support resource database and means for sharing of ideas and experience. Thus the e-portal contributes to the development of learning outcomes based e-training system and facilitates the transparency and recognition of qualifications and competences, making sustainable the competence-based learning in sanitation and water loss management.
This result comprises the establishment of Blended Learning Environment (BLE) dedicated to perform the overall project activities and includes:
- General project information
- Design of innovative BLE for vocational training of teachers/trainer settled at an e-portal built upon a state of the art content management system (CMS) and consisting of specialized tools for training provision: guides, videos, e-training modules, etc. The learning content is build up interactively in all partners’ languages. It is organized in hierarchical structure of links that facilitate the selection of and the navigation to specific Learning pathways (LPs) and Short Intensive Courses (SICs). The completion of each part of the training panel leads to adoption of particular knowledge, skills and wider competences. They are evaluated through an interactive final test consisting of dynamically prepared Multiple Choice and True/False Questions. Thus, three evaluation parameters have been chosen: memory, knowledge, logic. In accordance with them a set of 10 random questions is offered from the question pool of the corresponding SIC/LP content. Each test can be held unlimited number of times, but the testing module of the CMS randomizes the order of appearance of questions, as well as the position of their answers thus encouraging the knowledge and understanding of the material. The trainee can monitor his/hers answers through the interactive result panel during or after the test. The process of evaluation finishes with the term “passed”, when 60% or more of the maximal score is achieved. When less than 60 % is achieved a term “failed” is appeared.
- The blended learning machinery is designed through implementation of a variety of on/off-line tools (i.e. videos, ppt, pdf). They empower the trainee to select the most appropriate form of learning according to the available learning time and other criteria.
- Multimedia DVDs. The blended learning program is also presented by off-line multimedia and self-learning modules covering the functionality of the online BLE. On the basis of the designed competence profiles, separate DVDs providing off-line training are elaborated.
- A customized administrative interface (http://ec-aqua.org/administrator) allows all partners to update and modernize the learning resources. The use of the popular open source CMS “Joomla” as a basis ensures sustainable and independent future development of the resource.
Target group Teachers, Trainers, Learning facilitators, Guidance professionals; School/Institutions Managers, Political decision makers
The developed EC-AQUA e-learning portal was designed in six main parts and “Quick links” menu:
- General information about the project was placed in “Home”, “Who we are” and “What we do” menus and comprises information regarding project aims, objectives and vision; educational innovations; project targets and impact; EC-AQUA consortium, etc.
- “e-Knowledge” part provides access to the full set of LOs for those who are interested in studying the whole EC-AQUA training course.
- The part “How to gain competence” offers the multilanguage e-learning programme and is divided in five sub-menus: “Qualification” (description of LOs at levels 5, 6 and 7 according to the EQF/NQF); “Qualification Descriptions” (statements about the theoretical and practical achievements of selected qualification profiles in the project target area); “Learning outcomes” (interactive blended learning programme organised in LPs and SICs and designed for defined qualification description and EQF reference level); “Qualification Ranking Record" (an assemblage of documents that evidences mastery of skills, knowledge and attitudes) and “Good practices” (collection of useful links, legislation documents, VET information, studies and reports, etc.).
- “Our achievements” part comprises the EC-AQUA training package (detailed guidelines on how to use the EC-AQUA Blended Learning Environment) and “Project resources” (information regarding results developed by the project).
- The additionally developed “Quick links” right menu allows the end-user to quickly access the EC-AQUA blended learning part, thus ensuring easier and user-friendly navigation through the training material.
Area of application Development of EQF/ECVET blended learning methodology and content for training in Sanitation and Water Loss Management.