Title DO.RE.MAT. Decrease Obstacles RElated to MAthematics Teaching
Project Number 2012-1-IT1-LEO05-02810
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Do.re.mat – The Music of Mathematics is a teaching methodology thanks to which mathematics is taught through music. This allows the introduction of music into school's programs, from which it is mostly missing. It is a new approach, which relates maths competences to music, through the exploitation of the analogies existing between these two disciplines, focusing in particular on the mathematical topics indicated in the Italian normative framework of training and education.
Main activities of the Project are: realisation of a comparative Survey aimed at analysing the didactic contents and learning goals related to students aged 15-16 y.o foreseen in the Maths national curricula in Italy, Latvia and Greece;
realisation of a pilot transfer action in Italy and Latvia focused on:
• training teachers in the use and application of the Do.Re.Mat method;
• developping part of the maths curricula by applying the Do.Re.Mat method with the students aged 15 y.o.
Final assessment of transfer activities outcomes and validation of Do.Re.Mat pedagogical model in its final upgraded version.
Do.Re.Mat specific goals are consistently with the necessity of working out and programming of interventions at institutional level aimed at supporting the achievement of the benchmark related to the learning of science and maths disciplines. In particular:
1. Raising of the performance by increasing the motivation to learn maths on the side of the young involved in the transfer process.
2. Reduction of failures through the widening of the range of usable didactic languages (the result is a higher inclusion of students having learning difficulties).
3. Teachers involvement (in term of motivation) and fostering of the integration/relation amongst teachers of different subjects having diversified cultural backgrounds.
4. Development of the transfer process within school hours, in order to promote the integration of the method with the institutional curricula, given that the methodology proposed fosters the achievement of all didactic goals fixed by the maths education curricula for the students aged 15 y.o..
5. Planning a more efficient inclusion of the foreign students, since the method proposed allows overcoming the linguistic barriers.
Utilization and distribution of results
Human Health and Social Work Activities
program or curricula
Product information Under costruction