Title eHoof – interactive educational tool on hoof anatomy, farriery and podiatry
Project Number 2011-1-CH1-LEO05-00036
Product e-hoof.com - The Essential Educational Tool for Farriers and Equine Vets
Title e-hoof.com - The Essential Educational Tool for Farriers and Equine Vets
Product Type website
The vision behind e-hoof.com was to create a joint platform of knowledge for two equine professions – veterinary medicine and farriery – that form an integral part of equine health care. A shared source of information will help sustain mutual respect, dialogue and cooperation between two professions that are major contributors to equine welfare.
e-hoof.com should also appeal to anyone else with an interest in the horse – whether professional or enthusiast – who would like to know more about the horse's hoof, horseshoeing, general anatomy and much more.
e-hoof.com is the result of more than 5 years of planning and development. It is a state-of-the-art, interactive web platform that is based around content contributed and reviewed by specialists in their fields. The information is divided into topics and chapters and accompanied by a wide range of multimedia tools.
The platform is suitable for use as a teaching aid for individuals at the outset of their training as well as being a source of reference for established equine professionals wishing to develop their knowledge.
Target groups: farrier apprentices, veterinary students, farriers, veterinarians.
Potential beneficiaries: barefoot trimmers, equine science students and professionals, riders, horse trainers and instructors, horse owners.
• More than 100 chapters devoted to 4 main themes
• More than 3000 photos and illustrations, over 50 interactive figures
• More than 200 educational videos
• Comprehensive anatomy atlas including interactive 3D models of the distal limb and hoof
• Glossary in 8 languages with over 1000 terms relating to the horse, hoof and horseshoeing
• Extensive list of literature references linked to the PubMed MEDLINE database
• Full printable manuscripts of the material
Area of application VET and CPD of farriers and equine vets
Product Languages English